Nigel Farage Question Time
Nigel Farage says on Question Time that one of the problems with Immigration is the problem it is creating in the NHS and GP waiting times. I’m not saying immigration isn’t an issue to be discussed but don’t scaremonger for your own agenda.
I’m afraid Nigel Farage, that immigration isn’t responsible for:-
– Lack of doctors
– Doctors leaving the profession due to negative propaganda
– High levels of retirement
– Unsustainable workloads
– Patients missing appointments with no significant repercussions
– Inappropriate requests for ‘Emergency’ appointments’ such as for
a) Sick notes
b) Request for Exemption from jury duty
c) Requests for Exemption from court as a witness
d) Self-limiting minor illnesses
e) Lost prescriptions
f) Waiting until the last minute and running out of medications
g) Conditions that have been present for months/years but suddenly the patient decides they need it seen as an emergency
– Higher levels of chronic diseases’ being diagnosed and managed
– Self-inflicted chronic health issues – alcohol, smoking, drug misuse, sedentary lifestyle, obesity and the health repercussions of these.
– Serial DNAs of hospital appointments, then wasting a subsequent GP appointment asking to be re-referred.
– Agreeing a management plan with a patient, they then attend a month later with the same symptoms yet have not actioned any of the agreed management plan or medications.
– Not making follow up appointments when requested to do so but demanding emergency appointments when their symptoms are no better.
– Asking for house calls when some can clearly attend the GP surgery
– A consumerist approach to healthcare with more demands on the services available